Elder Protective Services

Aging and Disability Services Division Administrative Office

3416 Goni Road, Suite D-132
Carson City, NV 89706
(775) 687-4210

Additional EPS Information

The State of Nevada, Aging and Disability Services Division provides Elder Protective Services for persons 60 years old and older who may experience abandonment, abuse, neglect, exploitation, or isolation. Elder Protective Services serves all of Nevada.

Elder abuse is a crime!
If the Aging and Disability Services Division Elder Protective Service worker believes that a crime has been committed against an older person, a referral is made to the appropriate law enforcement agency for possible investigation and prosecution.

    Elder Protective Services Include:

    • Investigation, which begins within 3 working days of being reported
    • Evaluation
    • Arrangement/Referral for other services 

    Protective services are provided if the individual is willing to accept these services.

      Who Can Report a Case of Elder Abuse?

      Any person may report an incident of abuse if they have reasonable cause to believe that an elderly person has been abandoned, abused, neglected, exploited, or isolated. All information received as a result of a report is maintained as confidential.

      Mandatory reporters must make the report immediately after the event, but no later than 24 hours after there is reason to believe that an elderly person has been abandoned, abused, neglected, exploited, or isolated. Mandatory reporters include:

      • Medical professionals
      • Employees of hospitals and home health agencies
      • Social workers
      • Coroners
      • Law enforcement employees
      • Adult or juvenile probation officers
      • Department of Health and Human Services' employees
      • Mortuary or funeral home employees
      • Employees of the facilities providing care for older persons
      • Music therapists (per new legislation)

      IMPORTANT NOTICE, Elder Abuse Reporting: Clarification regarding reporting requirements and state regulations for Nursing Facilities, Residential Facilities for Groups (i.e. Group Homes/Assisted Living Facilities), and Homes for Individual Residential Care (HIRC). Click here to view the notice (PDF file).

        Report Elder Abuse or Neglect

        To report suspected elder abandonment, abuse, neglect, exploitation, isolation, and/or facility complaints to the Elder Rights Intake unit, please utilize these phone numbers

        • Las Vegas/Clark County             (702) 486-6930  
        • Statewide/All Other Areas          (888) 729-0571  

        If an older person is in immediate danger, the local police, sheriff's office or emergency medical service should be contacted. If the older person is not in immediate danger, the report should be made via one of the designated phone numbers.

        Please do not send a report of elder abandonment, abuse, neglect, exploitation or isolation to the Aging and Disability Services Division email address, as it may not be acted on promptly.