The mission of the Council is to advocate the development of a network of programs, services and options designed to empower Nevadans with disabilities to live independently in the community.
The specific purposes of the Council is:
1. to promote the philosophy of independent living, including a philosophy of consumer control, peer support, self-help, self-determination, equal access and individual and system advocacy in order to maximize the leadership, empowerment, independence, and productivity of individuals with disabilities, and the integration and full inclusion of individuals with disabilities into the mainstream of society;
2. to promote the development and expansion of independent living programs and concepts on a statewide basis;
3. to provide guidance to State agencies and local planning and administrative entities assisted pursuant to Title VII of the Act;
4. to provide guidance to State agencies and local planning and administrative entities that are providing independent living services; and
5. to improve working relationships among councils, centers for independent living, State, federal and non-federal programs.
Talk To Us
The Statewide Independent Living Council is seeking your comments. Please E-Mail, firstname.lastname@example.org If you have any comments. Comments remain anonymous.
Statewide Independent Living Council (SILC)