This program provides discounted taxicab fares to qualified individuals, age 60 and older, and persons of any age with a permanent disability through coupon booklets that are accepted by all taxicab companies in Clark County.
- TAP helps meet the transportation needs of older adults and people with disabilities, who have limited resources and few, if any, transportation options.
- TAP provides discounted taxicab coupon books to qualified individuals.
- All taxicab companies in Clark County participate in the TAP program.
- TAP helps to improve transportation options for Nevada’s older adults and persons with disabilities.
Applicants must be an individual age 60 or older or have a permanent
- To demonstrate permanent
disability, applicants must be verified with a letter from their doctor or
Social Security award letter.
Residency: All participants must be residents of Clark
- To demonstrate residence eligibility, all participants must provide a Nevada ID issued from the Nevada Department of Motor Vehicles. The Nevada ID cannot be seasonal and must display a Nevada address.
must provide income from all sources for both applicant and/or spouse, if
applicable. To qualify, applicant’s
monthly income must be below 300% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
January 15, 2020, the maximum annual household income for a one person
household is $38,280 ($3,190/month) and the maximum annual household income for
a two person household is $51,720 ($4,310/month), according to the 2020 Federal PovertyGuidelines.
of income is required when applying. Acceptable documents for proof of income
copy of your 2019 Federal Tax Return or IRS Tax Transcript
- A copy of three (3) months
of your most RECENT Bank Statements that show ALL deposits made as proof of
your total income AND A copy of your
Current Social Security Award Letter OR Department of Welfare SNAP Award
TAP operations are by Mail Only until further notice. Please send any documents to the address below and/or contact our office by phone.
The Taxi Assistance Program accepts only cash (in person), personal checks, or money orders. TAP does not have the ability to charge a credit card or debit card.
The purchase of coupon books can be completed by Mail Only:
- A check or money order (please do not send cash through the mail) can be sent WITH one business-size, self-addressed, stamped envelope for each book requested
Taxi Coupons must be redeemed by the expiration date and are non-transferrable.
**Effective February 2019, the Taxi Assistance Program will issue coupon books to “Authorized Representatives” with a current identification card, upon the client's signed release. Once coupons
have been released to authorized persons listed, the client releases the Taxi Assistance Program, the governmental agency to which this authorization is presented, and the directors, employees, related personnel, and agents from any and all liability for loss or damages of any kind for the client's compliance with this authorization.
If you think you qualify, complete the Taxi Assistance Program Registration Form and mail it to:
Aging and Disability Services Division - Las Vegas Regional Office
3320 W. Sahara Ave., Suite 100
Vegas, NV 89102
For additional information, please call: (702) 486-3581
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., excluding holidays
Coupon books are also available in Washoe County through the Washoe Senior Ride Program. You may call (775) 348-7433 or visit their website to learn more about transportation services offered in Washoe County.