Nutrition counseling services include assessment of the recipient's nutritional needs, development and/or revision of recipient's nutritional plan, counseling and nutritional intervention, observation and technical assistance related to successful implementation of the nutritional plan.
Nutrition Counseling Services include:
- Training, education and consultation for recipients and their families or support staff involved in the day-to-day support of the recipient.
- Comprehensive assessment of nutritional needs.
- Development, implementation and monitoring of nutritional plan incorporated in the ISP, including updating and making changes in the ISP as needed.
- Assist in menu planning and healthy menu options.
- Provide nutritional education and consultation.
- Provide quarterly summaries of progress on the nutritional plan.
For additional information about nutrition counseling services, please contact a Regional Center near you.
For Additional Information
Northern Nevada - Sierra Regional Center (775) 688-1930
Southern Nevada - Desert Regional Center (702) 486-7850
Rural Nevada - Rural Regional Center (775) 687-5162