Welcome to the Interpreter / CART Registry
CLICK HERE to search the Registry
CLICK HERE to log into the Registry
If you would like to submit an application to register as a K-12 Educational Interpreter, Community Interpreter, or CART Provider, please read the information on this website carefully. Then scroll down and pick the appropriate classification for your desired work setting and credentials.
Please contact InterpreterRegistry@adsd.nv.gov with any questions or concerns.
The Nevada Interpreter/CART Registry (the Registry) is a list of sign language interpreters and Communication Access Realtime Translation (CART) providers (NRS 656A.080) who meet the minimum qualifications in this State as required by Nevada Revised Statute (NRS) 656A (NRS 656A.100)
All sign language interpreters and CART providers must be registered in order to practice in the State of Nevada (NRS 656A.800). See below for exceptions.
An “interpreter” is anyone engaging in the practice of interpreting (the facilitation of communication between persons who are deaf or whose hearing is impaired and other persons). (NRS 656A.060)
A “CART provider” or “realtime captioner” is anyone engaging in the practice of the immediate, verbatim translation of the spoken word into English text using a stenographic machine or voice recognition software, and a computer and realtime captioning software. (NRS 656A.025)
(NRS 56A.515) A consumer of interpreting or CART services who is dissatisfied with the services provided by an Interpreter or CART provider may file a complaint. A person can file a complaint in person, on the phone or Video Phone, via email, or by completing the complaint form.
Specific requirements for registration, scope of practice restrictions, renewal requirements, and definitions of settings can be found in Information on Registry Classifications.
Registration with the Nevada interpreter / CART Registry
Click on the link(s) below that match your credentials to register:
Student Registrations (Must be currently enrolled in a NEVADA Interpreter Training Program)
- EIPA 3.5 - 3.9, or Deaf Interpreter, or Utah Novice
- NIC, or CI, or CT, or NAD 3, or IC, or TC, or OIC, or CLTNCE, or Utah Professional
- EIPA 4.0+ and EIPA - Written Test
- NIC: Advanced, or CI and CT, or CSC, or NAD 4, or CDI
- NIC: Master, or SC:L, or NAD 5, or MCSC
Educational (K-12) Registrations:
CART Provider Registrations:
(NRS 656A) Individuals who practice interpreting or CART do not have to register if s/he:
- Is licensed in another state, and provides services in this State for not more than 30 days in a calendar year; or
- Engages in the practice of interpreting or CART only for religious organizations; or
- Engages in the practice of interpreting or CART for an emergency medical or governmental incident; or
- Engages in the practice of interpreting in a social situation that does not require a qualified interpreter according to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
CAS Mentorship Program and Professional Development Workshops
To learn more about the CAS Mentorship Program or our Professional Development workshops:
Interpreter Professional Development (nv.gov)