Filing a Complaint
File an Online Complaint
Other Ways to File a Complaint
Complaints will also be accepted via phone, email or mail, directed to:
Jennifer Montoya, Social Service Program Specialist II
Department of Health and Human Services
Aging & Disability Services Division
3416 Goni Rd., Ste D-132
Carson City, NV 89706
Text: (775) 31-0135
Voice/Video Phone: (775) 434-0237
Who can file a complaint?
The only people who can file a complaint against a registered interpreter are those who are party to and aware of the alleged violation. The Division receives the complaint and decides if it has merit.
What action will the Division take?
If the Division finds the complaint has merit, the Division will:
- Direct the complain to the provider's certifying body; or
- Assign an investigative committee; or
- An investigative committee will consist of:
- One program specialist from the Division
- One person who is deaf or HoH, and
- One service provider who is registered
- Each member must sign a confidentiality agreement and not have a conflict of interest in the outcome.
- Utilize the services of a mediator certified by RID; or
- Intervene if agreed upon.
Note: RID will not accept complaints from the Division. Their policy requires that complaints come only from consumers. Consumers can direct their complaints to RID’s Ethical Practices System if they know the interpreter is certified by RID.