Toll-free statewide contact number: 800-307-4444 / Email: NevadaMAP@adsd.nv.gov
The Medicare Assistance Program (MAP) is comprised of three federally funded programs: State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP), Senior Medicare Patrol (SMP) and Medicare Improvements for Patients and Providers Act (MIPPA). It is administered across the State of Nevada by trained volunteers, community partners, and team members under:
• Access to Healthcare Network (AHN – Northern Nevada) 775-284-1892
• Dignity Health St. Rose Dominican (Southern Nevada) 702-616-4926
MAP services are free and unbiased, and are available to all Medicare eligible individuals, pre-enrollees, their family members, and caregivers.
The State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP) provides personalized Medicare counseling to empower, educate, and assist individuals in understanding their options and make informed health insurance decisions that optimize their access to medical care and benefits.
• Phone, Virtual, and In-Person counseling
• Medicare and Coverage Options
• Enrollment into Part D and Medicare Advantage Plans
• Screening for Medicare cost savings programs and application assistance
• Help understanding rights and options
The Senior Medicare Patrol (SMP) empowers, assists, and increases awareness to prevent, detect and report health care fraud, errors, and abuse.
The Medicare Improvements for Patients and Providers Act (MIPPA) provides information and application assistance to low-income Medicare beneficiaries who may qualify for programs that help with Medicare costs and, provides outreach to promote wellness and disease prevention. MIPPA assists with two valuable programs:
• Low Income Subsidy (LIS) - The LIS program, also known as "Extra Help”, provides assistance to Medicare Part D beneficiaries in paying for their monthly prescription drug costs.
• Medicare Savings Programs (MSP) - These benefits, available through the state Medicaid agency, help beneficiaries with low incomes pay for their Medicare costs.